NATURAL PINEWOOD WITH THERMORY’S QUALITY
Benchmark Thermo-Pine sets a new standard for softwood decking. Thermal modification makes pinewood more durable and stable and emphasises its warm golden brown colour and characteristic knot pattern. All this without any chemicals.
We offer a wide range of profiles, including profiles for concealed fixing, which ensure a flawless finish and make deck installation super easy.
Thermally modified wood is a natural, durable and environmentally friendly choice.
Very good durability, beautiful knots and comfortable for your feet
Our Benchmark Thermo-Pine is highly valued for designing both homes and public spaces
Why choose Benchmark Thermo-Pine?
- You should choose Thermory Benchmark Thermo-Pine if you enjoy the characteristic rusticity of pine but desire a more durable result.
- Thermal modification increases the biological durability of pine (class 2), which is extremely important for outdoor use.
- Thermally modified wood has a lower moisture absorption capability and rate and less moisture-induced deformation as a result. It is therefore a great choice for outdoor use.
- Thermal modification adds a beautiful golden brown tone to pine.
- In addition to being durable, our thermally modified pine is environmentally friendly, as thermal modification is chemical-free and the waste generated is not harmful to the environment.
- We offer Thermo-Pine that bears the Nordic Swan Ecolabel. This means that the wood originates from responsibly managed forests, is free of chemicals and is extremely durable when used outdoors.
Additional options for flawless finish and easy installation
Standard selection of Benchmark Thermo-Pine products:
Our standard products offer more flexible purchase volumes and shorter delivery times. The rest of our products are made to order.
Request additional information on minimum quantities and delivery terms.
Pine has good mechanical properties
Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris) is a coniferous tree of the pine family, widespread in Europe and Asia.
The wood of Nordic pine is highly valued for its good mechanical properties. Quality material is characterised by annual rings of even width. Pine is well-suited for thermal modification, becoming significantly more durable and stable in the course of this process and acquiring a beautiful golden brown tone.
The colour of the wood will change over the course of time
Thermal modification makes the natural tone of pine a beautiful golden brown. A brushed finish will further highlight the depth and pattern of the wood.
As with any other wood, the surface of thermally modified pine will acquire a natural silver grey colour over time. This process starts immediately after the products are installed and can take a few months to several years depending on how much UV light they are exposed to. The durability of the boards is not affected.
If you would like to preserve the tone of thermally modified wood, we recommend oiling the boards once a year using a UV-resistant oil.
Deck maintenance To oil or not to oil?
Thermally modified decking boards do not necessarily require surface treatment, but regular maintenance and oiling will refresh the appearance of your deck and make it easier to clean.
- We recommend cleaning and maintaining the deck before the start of the summer season.
- Lightly sanding faded boards will remove the silvery surface colour and restore the wood’s original appearance.
- If you would like to preserve or change the tone of thermally modified wood, apply UV-resistant oil to the boards once a year.
- If you would like to preserve the tone of boards that have turned grey over time, use colourless oil without a UV filter on the boards.
- The oil should be applied only to clean, level, dust-free surfaces.
Four recommendations for installing decking made of Benchmark Thermo-Pine
To make your deck last a long time, the right installation techniques are extremely important.
- For the substructure, we recommend using joists of thermally modified pine of durability class 2 or thermally modified spruce of durability class 1. This way, the substructure will endure as long as the decking.
- Choose the PaCS Strip, T-4, T-6 or TENI clip fixing to achieve a deck surface without screw holes and visible screws.
- By choosing decking boards with matching tongue-and-groove ends you can install boards of different lengths with the least possible time and labour input. The load-bearing capacity of the tongue on end-matched tongue-and-groove decking is verified and you do not have to join the boards directly over a joist.
- Apply end wax to all ends of the decking boards before installation to ensure longer service life.