UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST CHOICE
FROM DECIDUOUS WOOD
Use Thermory Benchmark Thermo-Ash to create a timelessly elegant facade or a warm and cosy interior solution. When choosing your cladding, other important properties should be hidden under the beautiful surface – durability, simple installation techniques and easy maintenance. Our Thermo-Ash cladding has all these properties, represented on a first-class level.
Our Thermo-Ash is of the highest durability class, dimensionally stable and knotless and features a rich deep tone. Our assortment includes profiles you can use to install the wall cladding without visible fixings and in the simplest way possible.
Thermally modified wood is natural, free of chemicals and harmless to the environment.
Highest durability class and knotless
In collaboration with architects, Benchmark Thermo-Ash has been used for many exciting projects all over the world
Why choose Benchmark Thermo-Ash wall cladding?
- If you are looking for a durable and stable material suitable for outdoor use, Thermory Benchmark Thermo-Ash is the right choice for you. This is the ideal choice for those who care about the environment and wish to reduce their ecological footprint.
- Thermally modified ash is an environmentally friendly alternative to exotic noble wood – our wood comes from sustainably managed forests; we never purchase timber originating from endangered forests, tropical forests or rainforests.
- Thermally modified ash has biological durability characteristic to noble wood (class 1, 25+ years) and better dimensional stability.
- Thermally modified wood has lower moisture absorption capability and rate and less moisture-induced wood deformation as a result, meaning that the wood shrinks and expands less when used outdoors.
- Our thermally modified ash is a nature-friendly material as no chemicals are used for thermal modification and no waste is generated in the course of the process.
- Thermo-Ash is easier to process compared with tropical timber.
Additional options for flawless finish and easy installation
Standard selection of Benchmark Thermo-Ash products:
Our standard products offer more flexible purchase volumes and shorter delivery times. The rest of our products are made to order. Request additional information on minimum quantities and delivery terms.
Thermally modified ash is a responsible alternative to tropical timber.
Tropical timber is considered the standard of durable wood. This wood is of course valuable, but millions of hectares of rainforests are cut down to acquire it.
Our alternative to this is to use tree species that, after thermal modification, offer wood of comparable durability and functionality to that of tropical tree species, without destroying the rainforests.
Our Thermo-Ash wall cladding has natural durability equal or better than that of tropical noblewood and a rich deep colour. Unlike tropical hardwood, Thermo-Ash is environmentally friendly, non-toxic and rot-resistant for at least 25 years if installed properly.
Ash is lightweight and durable
Ash (Fraxinus excelsior or Fraxinus americana) is a deciduous tree of the Oleacae family that grows in Europe and North America.
Ash wood is valuable, durable and strong. With its decorative look and attractive texture, this wood beautifully complements your walls and floor surfaces.
Thermal modification adds exceptional durability and an exotic tone to ash wood, making it an environmentally friendly alternative to tropical deciduous trees.
- Modular solutions
The colour of the wood will change over the course of time
Thermal modification makes the colour of ash wood an exotic deep brown. A brushed finish will further highlight the depth and pattern of the wood.
As with any other wood, the surface of thermally modified ash will acquire a natural silver grey colour over time. This process starts immediately after the products are installed and can take a few months to several years depending on how much UV light they are exposed to. The durability of the boards is not affected.
Wall cladding maintenance To oil or not to oil?
Thermally modified wall cladding does not necessarily require surface treatment. However, if you would like to preserve or change the tone of thermally modified wood, we recommend oiling the boards before installation using UV-resistant oil. The oil should be applied only to clean, level, dust-free surfaces. Before applying oil to the whole cladding, test it on a small piece of wood using a small quantity of oil. Observe the oil manufacturer’s instructions.
Four recommendations for installing Benchmark Thermo-Ash wall cladding
The right installation techniques are extremely important to make your panelling last for a long time.
- We recommend using joists of thermally modified ash or spruce of durability class 1 for the substructure. This way the substructure will endure just as long as the panelling itself.
- Choose PaCS Clad, B1-1, T6, Tiga or Dekora clip fastenings to create a facade without screw-holes and visible screws.
- If you decide to use screws for fixing the wall cladding, we recommend pre-drilling the screw-holes in the boards to avoid splitting the wood with screws.
- By choosing wall cladding with matching tongue-and-groove ends, you can install boards of different lengths with the least possible time, material costs and labour input. Any two boards do not necessarily have to meet directly over a joist.